From natural gas-fueled combined heat and power (CHP) systems and emergency power for facilities, to renewable biogas energy to support the local grid, or electricity generated from coal mine gases, Caterpillar has a wide range of reliable gas power solutions.
Image shown may not reflect actual package.
- Miller cycle timing with combustion chamber and spark plug improvement help on saving up to 15% fuel gas per year
- CG170 (non-miller) is optimized for Island-Mode capability
- Gearbox helps limit wear and tear on engine components, lowering operating costs and increasing availability
- Extended maintenance intervals thanks to sooth-free combustion and enlarged oil tank
- Low fuel consumption due to improved combustion chamber and pre-chamber spark-plugs
- Flexible fields of application also with fluctuating gas qualities due to Total Electronic Management (TEM)
- Optimized oil management
- Consumes up to 1900 liter less lube oil per year than comparable models<\li>
- Longer lubricant change and oil change intervals<\li>