I recently announced some fine tuning and alignment of our organisation structure to provide improved market and delivery focus within the two distinctly different capabilities that will underpin our ongoing development and growth.
- Project Management & Delivery, and
- Integrated Generation Asset Services
These changes will progress through an appropriate transition over the coming weeks.
As part of the strengthening of the Generation Asset Services area I welcome Ian Humphreys to the business as Parts & Services Manager and John Ryall to the new role of Technical Services Manager.
The last 3 months has seen some really positive progress with new orders and potential new contracts of significance at an advanced stage of negotiation. The project services order book has increased to $56.7m which represents approximately 13 months of forward work for the business in the aggregate.
Well done to all those involved in securing this new business.
East, West Projects & Parts & Service Operations
Current project delivery activity throughout the country includes:
- Ongoing QLD work associated with the Yap power station redevelopment including the commencement of the new contract for the third 3516C unit.
- Strong activity across the various Santos contracts for the delivery of wellhead generator packages in QLD.
- Project completion and contract close out activity associated with data centre contracts in NSW.
- The kick off of the new contract for Woodside Gas Plant 3508 fire pump packages in VIC.
- Completion of the ANZ Data Centre project in VIC, and
- Remediation work on the Tesla Power stations in WA.
A joint review of the development plan for the Parts and Service business with Caterpillar in mid August confirmed that good progress has been made over the last 10 months to create a sustainable platform for growth and that we are on target with our strategic objectives in this area.
We continue to maintain a high workload with tenders and proposal development for new projects across the country and this has been particularly hectic of late. Our most significant immediate opportunity is associated with Energy Developments’ (EDL) stage 7 expansion of the Sunrise Dam Power Station. Work on this project involves the turnkey construction of a 3 x CG260-16 machine hall.
Another significant project is under negotiation in VIC so watch this space next month for more news on upcoming projects.
An important initiative for the safety and well-being of staff on work sites is the rollout of refreshed training and procedures for mechanical & electrical isolation and tagging. Keep an eye out for this refresher training as it comes to your state and make sure that you attend – you or your work colleague’s safety could depend on it.
Return to staff newsletter menu